MSCA4Ukraine: Information for applicants
Please note that the MSCA4Ukraine portal is now closed until further notice. Fellowship offers have now been made.
Information on redress
Applicant host institutions can submit a formal request for redress to the Appeals and Redress Committee on procedural grounds, as stipulated in section 8.6 of the scheme’s Terms of Reference.
Redress requests should be submitted by the applicant host institution in writing to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation ([email protected]) by 5pm CET on 20th March 2023. The email should clearly state the relevant ground(s) and provide a specific rationale for the appeal. An Appeals and Redress Committee will review the request and the applicant organisation will be informed within 15 days if their redress request is accepted. If accepted, a redress evaluation will be conducted, and applicants will receive the redress outcome within five working days of its completion. Appeals and Redress Committee decisions are final.
Please note that submission of a request for redress will not automatically trigger a re-evaluation of the proposal. All requests for redress will be treated as confidential.
Important update (22/11/22)
By the scheme’s first cut-off date of November 11, we received over 400 applications from 28 countries. Due to this large response, and the high likelihood that funding will be committed on the basis of applications received by the first cut-off date, the MSCA4Ukraine portal will close on Friday November 25 at midnight CET until further notice. As noted in the scheme’s Terms of Reference all internal cut-off dates announced were provisional and adjustable based on the rate of applications.
Please note that any applications received after the first cut-off date and before November 25 will only be evaluated if funding remains after the selection of applications received by the first cut-off date of November 11. In the unlikely case that there is still funding available after the first two rounds of evaluation, the portal will reopen for applications in early 2023.
Information provided on 30th September 2022
The online application portal is now open for eligible host organisations to apply to the MSCA4Ukraine scheme for fellowships to host displaced researchers from Ukraine.
The following documents are also available for download in the portal:
- Call for Applications
- Terms of Reference for applicants (eligibility criteria, application requirements, guidance for applicants, terms and conditions)
- Template online application form (example only, form to be completed in the portal directly from October 24 onwards)
- Template for host organisation’s signed statement (also downloadable from the portal from October 24 onwards)
- Template for academic mentor’s statement (also downloadable from the portal from October 24 onwards)
- MSCA4Ukraine Ethics self-assessment form (also downloadable from the portal from October 24 onwards)
- MSCA4Ukraine financial plan form (also downloadable from the portal from October 24 onwards)
*Конкурс заявок на участь у програмі MSCA4Ukraine*
Applications must be submitted by host organisations on behalf of named researchers from Ukraine via an online portal, which will open on October 24. The link to the portal will be available on the MSCA4Ukraine website. Once the portal opens, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all available funds are committed.
- Applicant: Applications must be submitted by prospective host organisations on behalf of a displaced researcher(s) from Ukraine. Host organisations can be academic or non-academic organisations in any EU Member State or Horizon Europe Associated Country.
- Disciplines: MSCA4Ukraine fellowships are open to all domains of research and innovation.
- Duration: Fellowships will be awarded for a minimum of 6 months, up to a maximum of 24 months.
- Value: Fellowship rates will be in line with Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Doctoral Networks and MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- 28 September: Call information and call documents published. Prospective applicants are advised to begin preparing their applications so they are ready for submission soon after the online portal opens.
- September-ongoing: If you are a researcher from Ukraine seeking to connect with a host organisation or a host organisation seeking to connect with a researcher you can use the scheme’s matchmaking services. Details for host organisations are at https://sareurope.eu/msca4ukraine/list-of-host-organisations/ Details for researchers are at https://sareurope.eu/msca4ukraine/researchers-seeking-hosts/
- October 24: Call opens for submission of applications via an online portal.
- November-December: The portal will remain open for applications until all funds are committed. Selection and evaluation processes begin. Three internal cut-off dates are tentatively set at 11 November 2022, 9 December 2022, and 9 January 2023. The cut-off dates are adjustable based on the rate of applications. At each cut-off date, all eligible nominations submitted will enter the evaluation and selection process.
- January 2023 onwards: Fellowship offers on a rolling basis. Portal to remain open while funds remain.