Programme Associate, Scholars at Risk Europe, Maynooth University, Ireland
9-month part-time contract at 0.8 FTE OR 7-month full-time
Closing date for applications: April 10, 2022
Scholars at Risk Europe (SAR Europe), hosted by Maynooth University, Ireland, is the European office of the global Scholars at Risk network (SAR). SAR is an international network of over 550 higher education institutions in 42 countries, whose mission is to protect scholars and promote academic freedom. SAR meets its mission through three core activity areas: protection (casework or direct assistance to at-risk scholars); advocacy (campaigns for individuals and to promote academic freedom); and research and learning (publications, conferences, workshops and trainings). SAR Europe seeks a Programme Associate to support its core activities, projects and day-to-day operations. This is a new part-time position, supported by external grant funds. The role may be onsite at Maynooth University, hybrid or remote (in Ireland). The Programme Associate will play an integral role as part of a small team of SAR Europe staff based in Ireland and will liaise closely with the global offices of the SAR network, based in the United States. The Programme Associate will report to the Director of SAR Europe.
Principal duties will include:
• Support day-to-day operations, including a range of programmatic, communications and administrative activities to promote SAR’s mission in Europe;
• Assist in managing relations and activities with external partners, including SAR sections and partner networks across Europe (currently 13 SAR sections and 11 partner networks);
• Assist in SAR Europe’s coordination with European partners on behalf of at-risk scholars, with a particular focus on responses to the situation in Afghanistan & Ukraine;
• Develop and maintain content for website, mailing lists, social media accounts;
• Contribute to development of publicity materials, reports and presentations;
• Contribute to grant management, tracking and reporting duties;
• Support event-planning and committee meetings;
• Perform other programmatic, communications and administrative duties, as needed.
Executive Assistant (2022): €26,203 – €28,537 per annum pro rata (3 points)
Full information and all applications to be submitted via https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies
Vacancy ID: 014761