Hosting Researchers at Risk: How employers and hosts can help researchers make the most of their stay, December 9 2020
Topic: Hosting Researchers at Risk: How employers and hosts can help researchers make the most of their stay
Date: 9 December 2020
Time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (CET)
Description: The focus of the webinar was on how host organisations can best support researchers at risk to make the most out of their stay at the organisation, mindful of the particular needs and challenges they face. This includes the need to prepare for future career steps.
Topics covered included:
- Introduction to the Inspireurope project and opportunities to get involved
- An overview of findings on hosting and supporting researchers at risk from the Inspireurope report; Researchers at Risk: Mapping Europe’s Response
- Perspectives of researchers at risk currently being hosted in European higher education institutions and employed in a private sector company
- Opportunities to raise questions with the expert panel and share ideas for future webinar topics
- Karolina Catoni (Chair), International relations officer and assisting director at the International Centre at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Marit Egner, Senior Adviser in the Office for Research and International Cooperation, University of Osl, Norway
- Souad Odeh, IT Technical Advisor at FI Group, France
- Eqbal Dauqan, Researcher, Department of Nutrition, University of Oslo, Norway
- Ahmet Gürata, Stockholm University, Sweden.
Click below to view the presentations from the webinar:
- Presentation by Karolina Catoni Hosting Researchers at Risk 9.12.20
- Presentation by Eqbal Dauqan Hosting Researchers at Risk 9.12.20
- Presentation by Marit Egner Hosting Researchers at Risk 9.12.20
To view a recording of the webinar, please click below: